3269 views, 2 ratings - 00:09:20
Part of video series Addition and Subtraction on a Number Line
Created by and copyright of Larry Perez. Funded by the state of California through Saddleback College. More information on videos, resources, and lessons at Algebra2Go.
( download video )
Techniques for doing addition problems.
- Alien Addition Game - Game from Math Game Time: Alien Addition is a fun math game which helps kids practice their addition skills. Invading spaceships with math problems move down from the top of the screen toward a laser cannon on a platform at the bottom. Hit the spacebar to shoot the correct answer!
- What are some different techniques for adding numbers using a number line?
- How do you add numbers on a number line?
- How do you add a bunch of numbers without a calculator?
- What is a different technique for adding two-digit numbers?
- What are kung-fu techniques for addition?
This video explains different approaches for adding numbers using a number line. The commutative property is used again. Sometimes it is easier to add numbers that add to 10 first. The instructor calls this “kung fu” math. This is a very useful video for learning how to do mental addition.