2712 views - 00:16:14
( download video )
Learn what vectors are and how to work with them.
- What is a vector?
- What is the initial and terminal point of a vector?
- What are equivalent vectors, and how do you determine if two vectors are equivalent?
- What is length or magnitude of a vector?
- How do you draw a vector in the plane given an initial and terminal point?
- How do you find the length or magnitude of a vector using the Pythagorean Theorem?
- What is the component form of a vector?
- What does ||v|| mean?
- What is a unit vector and how do you create a unit vector in the direction of <2, 1>?
- What is the formula for making a unit vector?
- What is the unit vector in the direction of <-3, 4>?
- How do you make a vector in the direction of <3, 3> with a magnitude ||v|| of 5?
- What are the standard unit vectors i = <1, 0> and j = <0, 1>?
- How do you write vectors such as <2, 1> using the unit vectors i and j?
- What are direction angles for vectors and how do you find the direction angle using inverse tangent?
- What is the direction angle for the vector <4, 3>?
This is a great introduction to vectors, what they are, and some terminology. Some equivalent vectors are shown, and you will learn how to draw some vectors. Writing vectors, finding unit vectors, direction angles, magnitude, and standard unit vectors are all explained in this lesson. A great overview of introductory vectors.