6052 views, 1 rating - 00:10:52
Part of video series Parabolas
More free YouTube videos by Julie Harland are organized at http://yourmathgal.com
( download video )
Graphing Parabolas Part 1;
- What is a parabola and what does it look like?
- How do you graph a parabola?
- How do you find the vertex point and axis of symmetry for a parabola?
- How do you know what points to pick to put into the equation to graph a quadratic equation to make a parabola?
- How do you graph y = x^2?
- How do you graph f(x) = x^2 - 4?
- How do you graph y = x^2 + 2?
- How do you graph f(x) = x^2 - 6?
- What does the number added or subtracted at the end of a quadratic function do to the graph of a parabola?
- How do you know whether a parabola will open upward or downward?
- What is a vertex point of a parabola?
- What is an axis of symmetry for a parabola?
This lesson picks up from where the basic introduction lesson left off and the first two parabolas graphed are the same that were graphed in the introduction. There are two more parabolas graphed in this video too. For more advanced graphing, go on to the next lesson in this series. Also, all of these parabolas are drawn on the same axes so you can see what adding or subtracting values from the function do to the graph.