9507 views, 2 ratings - 00:08:13
Part of video series Solving Equations
Created by and copyright of Larry Perez. Funded by the state of California through Saddleback College. More information on videos, resources, and lessons at Algebra2Go.
( download video )
Learn how to solve simple equations using properties of equality.
- How do you solve simple equations in Pre-Algebra?
- What is the addition property of equality and how do you use it to solve equations?
- How do you solve x - 5 = 9?
- How can you check to make sure your solution is correct in an equation?
- How do you solve x - 6 = -3?
- What does x equal if x+8=0?
- How do you solve one-step equations?
- How do you solve 5x = 9?
- How do you solve -3x = 27?
- How do you solve an equation where you have to combine like terms first?
- How do you solve multi-step equations?
- How do you solve equations by multiplying by the reciprocal of a fraction?
- How do you solve 4/3x = 9?
- How do you solve an equation like 3/2x = 5/3 by multiplying by the LCD or using kung fu math?
This video does a bunch of examples of solving very simple, one-variable, one-step equations. They start out using addition and subtraction to solve, and eventually get into multiplying or dividing to solve. This is a great introduction to solving simple equations, and ends with some more complicated equations where you must combine like terms first.