Parallel / Perpendicular Lines

Parallel / Perpendicular Lines
  • Currently 4.0/5 Stars.
6119 views, 6 ratings - 00:14:35
Taught by MrA

Meets NCTM Standards:

Features a SMART Board
How to determine whether lines are parallel or perpendicular and how to write parallel / perpendicular equations.
  • Lesson Slides - Slides that are written on from the lesson.
  • Extra Practice - Extra practice problems for writing equations for lines including parallel and perpendicular lines.
  • What does parallel mean?
  • What does perpendicular mean?
  • How can you tell if lines are parallel?
  • How can you tell if lines are perpendicular?
  • How do you write an equation for a line parallel to another line through a point?
  • How do you write an equation for a line perpendicular to another line through a point?
What does it mean for lines to be parallel? When are two equations for lines perpendicular? If these questions are not clear to you, you may want to check out this video. Good visual explanations with colored lines to show when lines will be parallel or perpendicular, and how to predict with just an equation. The extra practice resource has some good practice problems to assist you as well.
  • Currently 4.0/5 Stars.
Reviewed by MathVids Staff on February 17, 2008.
This video show a lot way and it help!
  • Currently 5.0/5 Stars.
Reviewed by anisah on December 08, 2009.
Great vid; this helped a lot. You taught this better than my teacher in a video!!! Thank you so much; I finally understand!
  • Currently 5.0/5 Stars.
Reviewed by tp00ns on January 07, 2010.
thank you for putting it on mathvids.com one more thing better than my math toutor
  • Currently 5.0/5 Stars.
Reviewed by #1squeaky500 on September 07, 2010.
great pacing. well done
  • Currently 4.0/5 Stars.
Reviewed by sizemorew on September 30, 2010.

Browse Store
App_store_badge Smart-logo