6230 views, 3 ratings - 00:08:08
Part of video series Proportions
Created by and copyright of Larry Perez. Funded by the state of California through Saddleback College. More information on videos, resources, and lessons at Algebra2Go.
( download video )
Learn what a proportion is, how to set one up, and a couple of methods of solving proportions.
- What is a proportion?
- How do you set up a proportion?
- How do you solve a proportion?
- What are some different methods for solving a proportion?
- What is cross multiplication?
- How do you solve x/6 = 2/3?
- How do you solve x/6 = 2/3 + 3/4?
- What is the clearing fractions technique?
- Is there an easy way to solve proportions?
- How do you solve x/4 = 5/6?
- How do you solve x/6 = 2/(3/4)?
- How do you solve 2x/5 = 0.3/4?
- How do you solve 1.2x/0.7 = 0.04/0.3?
- How can you clear decimals from the beginning of a problem?
- How do you solve 12x/7 = 4/30?
This video shows a couple of different methods for solving proportions. Many different example problems are shown, and some get complicated with complex fractions and decimals included. This is a great introduction to solving proportions.