3839 views, 4 ratings - 00:10:55
Part of video series Operations with Integers
More free YouTube videos by Julie Harland are organized at http://yourmathgal.com
( download video )
Shows how to add postive and negative numbers; uses counters.
- Alien Addition Game - Game from Math Game Time: Alien Addition is a fun math game which helps kids practice their addition skills. Invading spaceships with math problems move down from the top of the screen toward a laser cannon on a platform at the bottom. Hit the spacebar to shoot the correct answer!
- How do you add positive and negative numbers?
- What does it mean to add positive and negative numbers?
- What are the formal rules for adding positive and negative integers?
- How do you add 3 + -5?
- How would you add -3 + -4?
- How do you know how to add positive and negative numbers?
- How do you add -4 and -2 by drawing - signs?
- How do you show 3 + 2 using a picture?
- How do you add two numbers that have the same sign?
- How do you add two numbers with different signs?
- How do you add 3 and -6?
- How do you add two numbers by drawing a picture if the negative number is larger than the positive number?
- How could you add -7 + -10 without drawing a picture?
- How do you know how to add -100 + -200 + -300 without a calculator?
- How do you know whether an addition problem like -12 + 3 will be positive or negative?
- Why do you subtract if you are adding two numbers with different signs?
- How can you figure out what -22 + 10 equals?
- What does 32 + -11 equal?
- Where can I find a bunch of example problems of adding positive and negative numbers?
This lesson introduces adding integers by using + signs and - signs. A lot examples are shown and explained. You will learn how to draw pictures for problems as well as the rules for adding integers with different signs.
Very helpful! MathGal is amazing!!
The illustration of the example explains why and,I learn only when that question is answered. Thank You