6041 views, 7 ratings - 00:09:18
Created by and copyright of Larry Perez. Funded by the state of California through Saddleback College. More information on videos, resources, and lessons at Algebra2Go.
( download video )
Learn how to compute square roots.
- What is a square root or radical and how do you find their values?
- What is the square root of 16?
- What is a principle square root?
- What are perfect squares?
- How do you find the square root of a perfect square like 49, 144, 64, or 100?
- How do you find the square root of 10 on a calculator?
- How do you find the unknown side length of a right triangle if the height is 5in and the hypotenuse is 13in?
- What is the Pythagorean Theorem and how do you use it to find side lengths in triangles?
- What is sqrt(4) + sqrt(9)?
- What is sqrt(16) - sqrt(25)?
- What is 3*sqrt(64) - 2*sqrt(49)?
- How do you find the square root of a fraction, like sqrt(25/9) + sqrt(81/16)?
This lesson is all about square roots and computing their values. Also, some square roots are added and subtracted, as well as multiplied by integers. Perfect squares and finding their values are also discussed, and the Pythagorean Theorem is used to solve some problems. This is a great place to start for introducing square roots.
this is awesome need mo we need mo
Thanks! Helps me understand pre-algebra more.
Very easy to follow and understand. Thank you.
love the video! 5 star